In and around Charlotte
- CABA at Sustainability Fair at Belk headquarters – CABA recently participated along with allied organizations to demonstrate how and why living and moving green is the wave of the future. Met some folks who bike to work even though Belk is in a business park way out on Tyvola ! Thanks to Mimi Crumrine for the invite.
- “Get Well”, Ed Moyers – We hear that Ed is recovering from a broken left shoulder in a mishap commuting to Duke Energy in Uptown. Ed has been at the helm of the Bicycle Commuter Mentor Program for the past 6 +/- years, and he is a former member of the CABA Board of Directors. We wish you a speedy recovery Ed ! Click the icon on the right column of this page to find out more about BCMP.
- Bike racks galore ! – update – We now have racks at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille, the Music Factory, Common Market, 15 Harris Teeters, 22 BofA branch banks, several office buildings in the UNCC Research Park and many other locations. Funds for all racks are provided by the Charlotte Dept. of Transportation under contract to CABA for marketing and installation. We’re getting closer to our goal of 100 racks on commercial sites in the Queen City. Looks like more will be coming soon to Dilworth Drug shop at Kenilworth Commons on East Blvd. Any suggestions ? We still have a some available. Let us know by clicking the comment bubble below.
- UNCharlotte Cyclists – They are now officially a CABA community partner – Thanks to UNCC student and CABA member, Ray Atkinson for sending us their logo so we can (belatedly) add to the CABA website. We intend to keep working closely with Ray and his student,staff and faculty colleagues to make the voice for bicycle advocacy on this campus of 25,000 students is loud and clear. For more information: CLICK: Bikes on Campus.
- First Flight Bikes of Statesville wins Top 100 bike shop award from Bicycling Magazine –This may seem like old news to some of you, but to us it’s brand new. Bumped into owner Jeff Archer at a recent Trailblazers monthly meeting and he told us. First Flight has the distinction of housing the Museum of Mountain Bike Art & Technology where you can see hundreds of vintage mountain bikes on display.
CLICK: http://www.mombat.org …or CLICK: Top 100.